Deadly Silver Angels (1981) Review

deadly silver angels dvd cover

Rating: 2 out of 5

Director: Chih-Chao Chang

Year: 1981

Plot:

The official plot from various sites states that there are two gangs of women in bikinis that come together to kill a gangster boss that killed their fathers. A revenge plot overall, and one where women are the central heroes. While the main plot is a revenge one, there is plenty of subplot going on, including scenes of gambling, all out brawls, and more.

Thoughts:

I usually can follow along a plot well enough, but “Deadly Silver Angels” really tried my patience. I tried to get into it, and while it does have some good moments, it definitely was taxing to get through. This is a modern kung fu movie, so there’s gun play, and modern 1980s settings. The story is a revenge one, where a group of women band together against the mob, but that plot point takes a while to get to.

I found the pacing to be very slow. I mean crawling at times. Despite that, there were some decent brawls, but they were shadowed at times because of the transfer. In fact, the transfer overall is not very good. I found myself struggling to see some of the action at times, especially when there was darkness or low lighting. The transfer is not even VHS quality, so be warned if you track this rarity down, it’s going to be a little hard to see at times.

Aside from the slow plot, bad transfer, and mediocre dubbing, “Deadly Silver Angels” still has some credence for being an actioner. I found the brawling to be good, and did enjoy the plot at times. However, it was done so poorly that I can’t rate it very high. I actually wanted to get to sleep at one point, because the sub plots and plots were a bit hard to follow. With all that in mind, I give “Deadly Silver Angels” a 2 out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment